relaxing on deck

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Sail Date: January 19, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Star
Cabin Number: GTY

Deck 7 was the place I wanted to sit and relax on.   So did many other people.   Many people put down towels or books on the deck chairs to save them for when they would use them hours later.

The cruise director never made any announcements that chairs could not be saved.   No staff member ever walked around, took note of saved chairs and removed any belongings.  I spoke to several staff members.   They took chairs from the bar lounge inside and carried them out to the deck.  I wrote two letters and put them in the hotel box.   Nothing came of them except I received chocolate covered strawberries delivered to my room.    Those strawberries were an insult.  They did nothing to provide seating on deck 7.

So although the cruise was nice,  having to stand on deck 7 detracted from the cruise experience.