Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Bermuda

Bermuda from Boston

Sail Date: July 01, 2011

What I liked: freestyle dining is great. We ate what we wanted, when we wanted. I don't need to be told when to eat, I'm not 12. Food was very good. Ship was clean, clean, clean. Every staff member that we spoke to was super nice. Entertainment was better than the last cruise. Not great but ok. The exception to this was Second City, they were awesome.

What I did not like, every time you order a beer they PUSH the sale of a bucket on you. If I wanted a bucket I would buy one. There are two choices for water, a small and a large. They don't tell you this and automatically sell you the large, more expensive bottle. Enough with the art sales! They spin it like they are doing you a favor and teaching you how to buy art at rock bottom prices and then they sell you the art. One last thing that I thought sucked, they advertised a special Second City lunch theater. We went to it and it was good BUT I was charged $80. Nowhere did it say that it was to be an up charge. All other entertainment was free so why would we expect this to be different?

Pros: Clean, nice staff, food, layout and entertainment

Cons: Pricey, additional cost for many places you eat on board. Mandatory service charge PLUS 15% tips automatically added to your bill.

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

Most shows were entertaining. Better than our last cruise but still not Vegas quality
Small and bed was hard on my back but it is what it is and we were not expecting much more.
Recently done over, the Dawn is a vey nice ship
Food was always good and always fresh no matter where we ate.
Top notch