Four "Star" Review

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska

Sail Date: May 01, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Star
First day the ship was difficult to get around. The hanging diagrams of the ship near the elevators was not completely helpful. To get outside by the pool, the diagram indicates deck 12 but in reality, we had to walk up the stairs to deck 18 to get outside. Same thing with the Versailles and Blue restaurants, they were a half deck down from what was stated.

Not enough time in ports.

Food quality and menu choices in "free" restaurants was average and not exciting. I think they do that to lure you to go to the "pay" restaurants.

I wish that we didn't have to open our cabin door to hear the captain's announcements over the loudspeaker system. But we enjoyed watching the reports from the bridge on the TV.

Quality and creativity just average. They didn't serve anything in the main restaurant to "wow" us.

Didn't like the Second City show or the Circ de Pacific. But loved the Four Seasons tribute show and the 70's show. Enjoyed the music in the Spinnaker Lounge and although they keep asking you, you don't have to buy any overpriced drinks.

Staff very friendly and accommodating... also honest. I left my camera on the table in the Market Cafe and the staff promptly turned it in. So by the time I realized it was missing and went to the Customer Service Desk, my camera was already there.

Ship is festively painted and fun to look at. Sets an upbeat tone. Interior carpeting is color coded so you know if you are forward or aft... this proved helpful.

Loved the balcony. Bathroom was tight but adequate. Appreciated the line hung in the shower to dry clothing items.

Pros: our balcony

Cons: difficulty getting around the first day

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!