Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

A completely different expereince

Sail Date: April 01, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We felt like we were held hostage on this pile of yuck. The staff was rude and they simply didn't care. Funny because the guy from NCL that helped us book it couldn't have been nicer. Once they get you, you are stuck. Don't do it, but if you do, remember that you were warned. We much preferred Princess, they just treated us like royalty.

We booked with a "family experience" in mind. I had 3 kids at the time with my 4th on the way. I, pregnant, didn't drink at all and my husband didn't drink much. We purchased 4 of the soda cards (at close to $200) and it was like pulling teeth to get them filled. We originally chose NCL because their child program would watch a 2 year old and I think they had to be 3 or 4 on Princess or we would have just gone on the Sapphire Princess again. Their toddler room had 2 attendants that I would definitely question qualifications of (that is if NCL even requires them to be qualified).

Pros: The stops (I got to get off of this awful ship!)

Cons: SERVICE, cleanliness, staff, activities....seriously....I could go on.

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.