Norwegian Star Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Flooded out of suite

Sail Date: April 01, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

I am torn between blasting the customer service and food but when my 9 year old disappeared at 10:30PM at night for 45 minutes I called from the top deck's emergency phone and told them she was missing. By the time I got to the 7th deck there was a team of plain clothes security asking me what happened with a print out of her picture taken when we boarded! We found her and she was safe, but I really appreciated the fast action. CONS: I had a suite. On the first night at 12:45AM we came back to the room and the carpet was wet outside the bathroom. There were traces of water in the toilet room, the sink area and the bathtub. I called maintenance as the carpet was real wet. He accused me of over flowing the bathroom...We were out dancing! Come 4AM..I hear a whose and get up and water is leaking out of the lights in the bathroom ceiling! I call the reception and they say "Why didn't you report this?" I said I did. They say "Well what would you like us to do SIR" I am a woman!! I said "Send someone to fix it" ONE hour later and now it's a waterfall streaming out the bathroom down the hall. Maintenance comes in and screams "WHY didn't you call earlier" I SAID I did! We were evacuated to another suite. I asked for a credit or some compensation. They offered to help move my things to the other suite. THAT is already their job! FINALLY I received a $50 credit (NOT worth one nights sleep wasted) Also, the food was terrible. We were on a Pacific Coast 3 night cruise and I was told that the passenger's are not taken care of like a 7 or longer day cruise. On the 3rd night it smelled of raw sewage too. My 9 year old hated that!! So, I guess the thing is to take longer cruises.

Pros: They acted fast when my daughter went missing

Cons: food, customer service, suite being floooded and help delayed

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.