Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

Would not recommend

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

I wouldn't say the ship was horrible, but Carnival far surpassed NCL.

There are too many pay restaurants. It wouldn't be so bad if the other food was better. The buffet food was awful.

We had to pay extra to use the sauna and steam room. I thought the spa services were too expensive.

The selection of slot machines in the casino was very limited. Most machines were old.

The last night they took our robes away!

I was impressed with the embarkment process, it went very quickly. We booked an excursion in LA, so we were able to debark very quickly also.

Pros: embarkment process was very quick!

Cons: lack of and quality of the entertainment

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

the ship is old & dated, but they kept it nice and clean. The seating in the buffet was crowded.
the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable. the bathroom was small. not enough storage. the balcony was great! The TV only had a couple of channels. no network stations.
I liked the freestyle dining, but the menus were very limited in the no pay restaurants. The food in the buffet was horrible. We only went to one of the pay restaurants and felt that it was NOT worth the extra money. Overall, we were very disappointed with the restaurant situation.
not enough entertainment. I was not impressed with the shows. The same group performed almost every show.
Overall, the staff was nice and friendly. Not quite as outgoing as the Carnival staff.