Norwegian Star Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

A Good Time

Sail Date: September 01, 2007

This one night "dinner and dance cruise" from Seattle to Vancouver was very fun for a "quickie" getaway. I had been on one cruise to the Carribean (Royal Carribean Navigator of the Seas) earlier this year, but my wife wasn't able to come along. We took this mini cruise to introduce her to the concept of cruising. The price was right, and we both enjoyed it immensly.

We neither utilized the main dining room nor the highly touted other "freestyle cruising" resturants on board (there are 13 choices!) Instead we ate in the Market Cafe, I beleive it was called which is the Norwegian Star's buffet. It was VERY good.

The service and freindliness of the staff wasn't as notable as it was on my previous cruise. But maybe I just set my standards too high. It wasn't bad...just not quite as attentive.

The entertainment was great, the main theatre show was very professional. We saw a great comedian and an acrobat show. And I particularly loved the Karaoke, even got up there myself.

Overall, it was not the best, but good fun all the same, and I would reccomend anyone who wants to test it out to see if they would like cruising to go on ove of these overnight excursions.

Pros: The Entertainment

Cons: Tiny Stateroom

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

The decor was too loud and the layout kind of cramped.
A couple times at a lounge when wanting to order, it was like..."Yeah...?" "What do YOU want....?" in an annoyed manner. Wasn't used to THAT on a cruise ship. Stateroom attention was non existent. This aspect (staff customer service) was the low point of our cruise. I was disappointed.
The buffet was just perfect. Loved the stew.