Boston To Bermuda

Norwegian Majesty Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bermuda (Boston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 10, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Majesty
This was my fourth cruise on this ship. Starting in 1999, the reserved tables at dinner, the suggestion of dressing for dinner, the theme nights and all the little niceties (NCL bags on debarkation day, snacks on bar tables, "newspaper" with weather forecast) made for a very special and pampered vacation. I noted a steady decline in those items. Now, few dress for dinner, theme nights and costumes were not promoted, internet fees were exorbitant, we were constantly baraged with ads for gift shop, liquor, perfume, and we didn't appreciate the other cruise passengers appearances, behavior, or the crying children in the dining rooms.
I MUST stress that the service and friendliness from every single crew member and officer was of the highest possible quality.

The quality of the food, dining room service and settings continue to be above par.

Our room steward, Enrique Ellis, went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and fun. He is a gem.

Carpeting ill fitting or stained, public toilets needed work but are clean, windows need replacing, rusting spots seen frequently, debarkation ramps slip,

In the past we had sheets and blankets. Now we have duvets over blankets and they are sometimes too warm. I would have preferred a sheet and duvet. There were ample and good quality pillows.
Clearly, things are shutting down in St. George. I noticed one bar on the square was no longer open and some shops are shuttered. With the "Free Style" cruising, I'm afraid they are attracting a less affluent passenger base and these are not supporting the on shore businesses the way the more affluent passengers of the past were likely to do.
Don't Miss: Tobacco Bay Beach
Don't Miss: Tobacco Bay Beach

Pros: Impeccable service

Cons: ship is tired and worn and badly needs refurbishing