Nautica Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Do not book early!

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

My experience is very negative when it comes to the people who run the Oceania Cruise Line. They emphasize to "Book early and get the best deal!" WRONG. We booked early and when we were cruising we discussed our cruise rates with the occupants of cabins on each side of us and all in the same category. We paid $3,400 more than everyone else who booked the cruise within 30 days of the cruise. We had booked the cruise months before the others. It so happened that Oceania couldn't fill the ship, so they ran a "Special" that cost others $3,400 less than we paid for the same cabin.
So, my advice is to wait for last minute deals.
Incidentally, when Oceania was confronted with my being over charged this outrageous amount. They said there was nothing they could do because they had to run the "Special" and I booked too early to get the "Special." All they did for me was give me a $200.00 discount on any future cruise we take with them. You can be certain that I will never attempt to even use it. So again, Do Not Book Early! Wait for their "Specials." Or, if they will do it, ask for a rate guaranty tht no one will be charged less than you for the same category.

Pros: Not much - because of pricing

Cons: Over charging

Recommends Nautica? No.