teico18 Cruise Review on Marina on Jul 28, 2018

Marina

Sail date: July 28, 2018

Ship: Marina

Review summary

A little more than half way through the cruise and iust say I have been disappointed with the basic service (or lack thereof) and the food. I may be a bit too critical because I am comparing the ship to the crystal symphony which I usually take. The service is poor to ok with the exception of our Butler and suite attendant which has been excellent. The two good restaurants, Jaques and red we're very nice with dishes that explore combinations of spices and blends of tastes. I believe the staff is poorly trained or they just don't care. I believe that the word "no" should not be in the ships vocabulary for reasonable requests. Our suite is great, we have suite 12014 . About 1000 sq ft. The only complaint is that it's across from the service room where staff works beginning at 5 am and are very noisy. In the horizon lounge, seems that the servers are only interested in the revenue customer and not someone ordering a pot of tea. I waited 40 minutes after telling a server I wanted a pot of tea and finally asked the server for her name at which time a manager shows up asking if there was anything he could get me. My wife being more tolerant than me got her own tea. This cruise line I was told was on the same level as crystal, I can definitely say it is not on any level.