Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Not exactly what I was expecting

Sail Date: July 01, 2013

The ship itself has been refurbished and I was happy with the facilities. It is an older ship so the bells and whistles are minimal but overall it was pleasant.
Now\, they have opted to interport on this ship in the Med to compete with MSC and Costa. I did NOT know that when booking and I was floored by the change in clientele. I witnessed 2 separate domestic disputes in the hallways where I felt like i needed to go get help...I would never travel on an interporting ship again. AND the toll it takes on the staff was very noticeable\, the extra spa tours\, promotions\, muster drills etc were annoying for us but exhausting for them and it showed.

Pros: Specialty dining staff\, balcony room\,

Cons: interporting\, wine selection\, my time dining

Recommends Legend of the Seas? Yes!

My time dining was a disaster. Apparently the ship was interporting and the staff were miserable because they were overword. The service was horrendous\, 2 nights they forgot my meal. The quality of service is normally high onboard and in this case it felt like the service staff could not be bothered...part of me wondered if it was because the dining room staff like developing relationships with guests and in return tend to get a higher tip at the end of the week...here\, there was no chance of that. Instead\,we moved to specialty (hello additional revenue for RCCL) and LOVED it but felt like we were forced to do it because My Time dining was SOOO bad. Part of me wonders if that is part of the strategy....Also\, we had premium inclusive beverages\, there was only 1 Red Wine. It is a trip through Italy\, France and Spain. I was shocked and disappointed....for someone that drinks wine alot\, this was clearly a miss in my opinion.
Loved our room and our stateroom attendant. He was PHENOMENAL
See my comments on dining. Additionally\, we had the premium inclusive beverage package and it felt like because there was not going to be additional tiping on every bill/drink\, we were walked by ALOT.
That being said\, the specialty dining staff were incredible and made our cruise as did my stateroom attendent and the chef Rudy from the chef's table. The Guest Services desk was Fabulous and helpful. The Spa staff was mixed\, there were 2 incredibly wonderful staff and 2 that rushed us through a couples massage and
Trivia was interesting....volleyball was entertaining.