Very enjoyable

Golden Princess Cruise Review to Hawaii

14 Night Hawaii (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 04, 2012
Ship: Golden Princess
When I sail with Princess I always feel at home. I know I will have excellent food, activities I enjoy and enrich my experience and staff who are friendly and willing to make my vacation an enjoyable one. This ship was clean, well outfitted and met all my standards.

Enjoyed going to Horizon Court for a quick meal or the Anytime dining for a more leisurely experience. Both places had great food. Also liked the International Cafe for a really quick grab-and-go meal.

I like the comedians and any act the put a smile on my face. The hula instructor was very good and very personable. Need to have a class every sea day, though. All the activities on the sea days made them go by swiftly--if I couldn't find anything planned, I took out my book and found a quiet place to read.

There was always a "hello" or "good morning" or just a smile from the staff. Many of the dining staff would help disabled people get their meal at the Horizon Court. Our room steward reported a defective lamp without our mentioning it. I commented about a too soft pillow and got a firmer one; I mentioned a too hard mattress and got a pillow top.

The traffic flow was generally good except if you had to from fore to aft on certain decks, then you had to go down, across and up to the deck you wanted. It was clean and well-kept.

We had a "C" balcony and had enough room for our"stuff".

Pros: food, lecturers, hula class, fitness center, shows

Cons: one night had to wait for 30 minutes for dinner in Bernini's Anytime dining, small shower

Recommends Golden Princess? Yes!