Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review

Explorer of the Seas

Sail Date: February 04, 2017

Ship: Explorer of the Seas

Review Summary

Just off EOS. Ship great, cabin great, great amenities, best coffee afloat (Cafe Promenade), crew great (but dead tired - run off their feet), food disappointing in MDR. Food in 'Chops Grille' first class but paid extra. 'Chops Grille' food equivalent to complimentary food in MDR of Celebrity 'Solstice' and 'Equinox' in my opinion. Had hell of a time trying to get drinks in MDR, all other bars great service. Appeared to be no waiter service on deck nor food. Little stock in ship retail shops as replacement stock did not arrive before departure. Shows very disappointing. Best act was an Elvis show put on by a passenger. When compared to Celebrity and NCL lines I find RCI a great disappointment. I have 2-cruises with RCI next year - I hope they lift their game. I give both Celebrity and NCL 5 stars. Smooth sailing with mixed weather. We had to miss a port due to weather, no fault of ship.