Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Vacation

Sail Date: June 07, 2012

The ship is beautiful. Easy to get around. Very clean and well maintained.

Pros: The staff was fabulous

Cons: 4 days was too many days at sea for me. Windjammer food not the greatest.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

The employees are wonderful. Very helpful, kind, and friendly. I was hoping for a larger selection in the Windjammer. Every day was exactly the same food. I have been on other ships where they had different stations. So for example one station was all Chinese food, one station was all Itialian, and so forth. By doing that it seemed like you could eat something different everyday, which I liked. It seems that no cruise entertains at dinner any more. We were on ships in the past where the staff would sing and dance.
I had just sailed last year, with a different cruse line, same style room and had so much more room. On the other cruise our rooms were connected in the middle so when us girls were getting ready for dinner we could easily borrow each others stuff!!!
The evening shows were okay, not great. The juggler, and comedian were the best but that was only 2 night out of 9.
Our waiter called us by name every single night creating a more personal atmosphere. Our waiter also brought us things before we even had to ask. The first night my kid asked for more broccoli so every night our waiter brought him broc. The head wiater served our kids himself. Very attentive, cutting up their meat, joking around with them. Made them feel special. The beverage server was wonderful. Very attentive but not pushy. He came around and spoke to us even if we decided not to order something. Created special drinks each night for our kids.