Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Amazing cruise, best staff ever!

Sail Date: April 12, 2012

This was our first time cruising with Royal Caribbean. I expected to be blown away and I was by some things. The ship itself was really big so there were times that I didn't even notice how many people were on board. The shows were all ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! The cruise director Richard Spacey had everyone in stitches all the time. The itinerary was really great. Although I didn't do an excursion in Bermuda, the island was so beautiful that I still enjoyed it. The crew had to be the nicest and funniest people I've ever come across. I hope to cruise on Royal Caribbean again in the future, but I think I am so biased now because of the specific crew onboard Explorer of the Seas that anyone else would be a disappointment : )

Pros: The shows were outstanding. The crew went above and beyond.

Cons: There should be more activities throughout the day. I thought there was too much down time.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

So my only less than excellent rating is for this section. Although the productions and shows deserve 7 smiley faces, there wasn't enough to do onboard in between shows and before and after. I think there should be more activities to keep everyone entertained, whether it's trivia, games for the guests to play together, dancing, etc.
The food choices in Windjammer were fantastic and incredibly diverse. My kids loved the make your own pizza station. The dining room service was wonderful. The staff was so helpful.
Our stateroom attendant Lance Saul was fantastic. We had an interior room, which was small for the four of us, but he did such a good job cleaning and fixing our room that we had no problem being there. He was so courteous and friendly.
Can I give this one 12 smiley faces?? The staff was awesome!!!!! Everyone had a smile on their face and treated every single guest like royalty, I actually started to believe that I was a V.I.P. : ) One thing I loved was seeing the staff outside of their area of the ship and being greeted warmly. My kids spent a lot of time on the sports deck. One evening I saw Neil (a crew member from the sports deck) in a different location on the ship and he greeted me by name. That made me feel really valued.
My kids loved it. What more can I say : )
My favorite spot on the ship (after the gym) was the "outdoor" cafe in the Royal Promenade. Sitting there with a cup of tea and dessert was a great way to spend some time.