Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fun Time Had by all

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

As a new cruiser, my friends and I were a little overwhelmed by the amount of kids on this ship. They took over all the pools, the hot tubs, the chairs, they were in groups sitting on the steps, hanging out in the casino, (we left ours home - and have now understood that we went in the height of the Family Week) Our dinners were fantastic, especially the 2 times we ate at Portofinos. (WELL worth the extra $20.00) We were somewhat disappointed in the breakfast buffet. Our bathroom(s) - 2 of the 3 cabins we were in did not work on a DAILY basis. When approached the service desk regarding this situation, they never once said they were sorry for our inconvenience, and futher, were rude! We were never given as much as an apology let alone some remittance of some kind. (poor poor poor customer service) Loved our waiters, our cabin was always cleaned, but, the rug in my cabin was stained when I entered it on day one. (and it stayed that way the entire trip - I thought it would be cleaned during my nine days). A cruise is what you make of it, and we did have fun. Great entertainment, wonderful drinks - and not as expensive as I thought) . We will cruise again, maybe on Celebrity lines.

Pros: Dinners, Service

Cons: Too many kids! Bathrooms did not work on daily basis

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!