Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fantastic vacation cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

We had never cruised before and were pretty flabbergasted by this ship. All of the common spaces were adorned by real art that was interesting and varied. The ship itself was clean and easy to get around. The promenade had a great coffee shop and sports bar. All of the staff we encountered was helpful and friendly. We were looking forward to watching a college basketball game on one of the nights and we realized that ESPN International was on the ship (as opposed to regular ESPN). We spoke to a gentleman at the service desk and he put a call into "somewhere" and arranged to have our game on in the sports bar. We couldn't beleive it.
We had imagined this tiny room and were stunned by our beautiful, ample and well appointed balcony stateroom.
The food was fabulous, literally something for everyone. Lots of dining options depending on your mood and attire. We had fun getting dressed up on the formal nights and the ship photographers were a lot of fun. Other nights we enjoyed casually dining in "The Windjammer". I really enjoyed their sushi.
On the last day of our cruise I went ice skating on board. As an experienced skater, the rink is pretty small. There were people skating who had never skated before and they were having a ball. I also used the workout rooms to run on the treadmill and lift weights. Truthfully, I felt like we got a lot of exercise while on the ship. Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible. The stairs are cushioned and carpeted and very pleasant with all the artwork.
WE had a great time playing BINGO on the ship. We also really enjoyed the live music.
We would sail again on the Explorer of the Seas in a second!

Pros: I didn't think the stateroom would be very important with so much to do on and off the ship and I wound up LOVING it! I loved our soft immaculate cotton bedding (I typically hate hotel furnishings), our balcony overlooking the Caribbean, the friendly and attentive service.

Cons: The internet connections were very slow at times but hey, that happens at home too.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!