Dawn Princess Cruise Review to South Pacific - Australia

Fantastic Voyage

Sail Date: October 23, 2008

It is hard to put into words why you liked the cruise that you had never thought would be the best time of your life. It was my first cruise so I did not know what to expect and did not know if I would like it or not. Well once I stepped foot onboard the ship the friendliness from all of the staff was my first indication that it was going to be great. I was not wrong for the whole 31 days. It is impossible to compare this cruise to any other cruise line since I have not been on any others but I do know that in the future since my husband and I are now both retired Princess will be the only ship that I will cruise on. From the person who took care of our room to the desk staff that set up our tours, who were so very helpful, to the waiters in the dining room or the staff in the buffet area it is impossible to say what area of the ship was the best. I do know that the combination of all of these and so many more areas of the ship made it the most pleasant 31 days that I have ever spent on vacation. Also being a first time cruise I wanted to get as many pictures as I could with a brand new camera. Well I did have hundreds and hundreds of pictures which I somehow deleted by pushing the wrong button. I was devastated. I took it to the photography people on the ship and by some miracle they were able to retrieve all of my lost pictures. They were so kind and saw how upset I was over this. I could never thank them enough for this. Also if you like to play bingo onboard one of your cruises I did the same and on the next to last day won the jackpot. It was a nice amount and of course made the trip even more enjoyable.I could go on forever and still not say all the praises I have to say for the Princess Dawn. I hope to cruise in the near future. Hope to see you onboard.
Older ship but very well maintained.
Food was excellent. Could have thrown most of my new clothes overboard after the first two weeks.
We had an absolute fabulous person who took care of us and our stateroom.
The staff was remarkable. Everyone was so much fun.
We never had a down time. There was always something we wanted to do.
Children's Programs We did not travel with children.
Excellent
We tried to see all we could see on each port and the excursion staff was so helpful in getting us in as many excursions at each port as they could