Costa Victoria Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Never use Costa Cruise lines!

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

I booked a trip with Costa Cruise lines during the time period that the Iceland volcano cancelled >10,000 flights from the US to Europe. I even bought multiple airline tickets to try to get to Europe. Since the flights were cancelled, and there was absolutely no way of getting to our port, there was no way of going on the cruise. I got 100% refunds on all of my airline tickets, and even the hotel stays, even though they had a "no refund policy." Costa cruises was not only the only part of my trip to not give me a refund, but they would not even issue me a credit to travel with them at a later date, giving the reason that this was a "god-given" event not in their control. This was supposed to be my honeymoon trip. I guess an act of god gives this cruiseline the right to profit off of me, and I'm sure many other people that day. I chose to go on Costa because of a previous cruise that I enjoyed, but after this, I will NEVER think about sailing with them again!

Pros: Nothing, rude customer service

Recommends Costa Victoria? No.