Costa Victoria Cruise Review

My 2 teenage sons and I went on the Costa Victoria's Eastern Caribbean April 8-15, 2001. I am a cruise travel agent and have cruised previously on Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Premier. I found Costa to be right up there with Royal Caribbean and Carnival as far as dining. As far as embarkation, debarkation, ambiance, and their own troupe of singers and dancers, I found Costa to excell. The Victoria is a very cozy ship. The many lounges and varioius relaxing areas throughout the ship are numerous and cozy. There are many private areas to be found. The cabin size is comparable to the other cruise lines. The pool area and whirlpools are roomy with lots of lounge chairs on 3 decks. The Pompei Spa is beautiful. The Concord Plaza and the atrium area is very pretty. The Casino is large, but the slots did not seem to pay well. The food in the buffets and the dining room is very diversified and very good, as well as prepared and presented nicely. I have read several reviews stating the the food on Costa ships is terrible. This is not the case. I think the people stating that the food is terrible would not be satisfied with the food on any cruise ship. The staff were all very polite, helpful and ready to do whatever they could to make our trip more enjoyable. The ship was extremely clean and very well taken care of. There was always somebody cleaning, polishing, etc. Victoria's own troupe of singers and dancers, the Peter Grey Terhune Singers & Dancers were awesome! The talent and the production materials and choreography were outstanding, Toga night and the Roman Bacchanal show was alot of fun and totally unique to Costa. I really can't think of anything that was bad or disappointing. I feel sure that I will cruise Costa again and hopefully in the near future. The Victoria is on it's last Caribbean sailing for the season at this time and will then reposition to Europe. Do yourself a favor and try cruising Italian style with Costa!