Costa Fortuna Cruise Review to Caribbean

Great ship if you don't have to eat

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

The ship itself was very nice. The rooms were a good size and clean (but don't expect toiletries, mints on your pillow, towel animals or any extra touches). The public rooms were very nice although they kept the ship uncomfortably hot (no need for a shawl in any rooms including the dining rooms and the theator).

The 'European style' of cruising translated into a major lack of organization (no such thing as waiting your turn in line as the European guests just push in front of you at any time). The food was poor except for the breads and pastas. The service in our restaraunt (Raffeal) was the worst I have ever seen although we heard that the other resteraunt was fine. The buffet was of poor quality and selection and again no such thing as organization existed. The specialty restaraunt had great service but the food was nothing special.

The Casino was great, love the coins versus the card in the slot machines it makes winning more fun.

Tendering ashore and disembarking were unorganized disasters and took twice as long as on any other cruise we have been on.

I wouldn't want to do another Costa Fortuna cruise, but I might try another Costa ship (although it wouldn't be my first, second, or third choice).

Pros: The ship is beatifully maintained and clean

Cons: The food and the restaraunt service was the worst I have experienced.

Recommends Costa Fortuna? No.