Costa Fortuna Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

My family had a great time

Sail Date: March 01, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We enjoyed our Mediterranean cruise on the Fortuna. My three sons ranged in age from 9 to 13 and found the kids club lacking (too crowded and not very fun), but there was plenty of other things to do. I was worried that the smoking would be hard to avoid since it is an Italian ship and, as Californian, I am not accustomed to having to breath anyone's smoke, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. They did not allow smoking in any of the dining areas and very few off the bars. The food was varied and good . . . not gourmet . . . but good. I liked that they served Italian food and played Italian music in Italian waters, switched everything to Greek in the Greek waters and then to all Arabic in Libya. The stateroom was very nice and the steward was fantastic. The ship was very clean. All announcements are in five languages and it was fun to be where English speakers were by far the minority.

Pros: Cosmopolitan feel of the ship

Cons: Kids club