Costa Fortuna Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Unacceptable Service!

Sail Date: December 01, 2008

I had such a displeasing experience with the CEO of Costa Cruises, Maurice Zarmati. The man is a true example of what a CEO of any company should not be. I had various issues with Costa agents promising and underdelivering, and rudeness, prior to my cruise, and I contacted Mr. Zarmati, and here is an excerpt from the email he sent back to me: "I don't believe you were "promised" the upgrade by your own words "if available...In this economy I will do all I can to hold to every piece of business..."

Cons: Service and Disorganization

Recommends Costa Fortuna? No.

The only pleasant people were our cabin steward, and our waiter (who was our server at a new table upon request because the service from our 1st waiter was horrendous).
Upon arriving on the ship on sailing day, everyone's luggage on each floor was thrown in the center area of where the elevators are, with people stepping over hundreds of luggage pieces to get to their cabins.
They would close the bufetts down while people were waiting on line and shove them out of the way, forcing everyone to stand in line all over again at a different station.