Costa Favolosa Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

A fun time despite Costa

Sail Date: October 21, 2012

I would not take another Costa cruise. I picked the cruise based on the itinerary and the ports delivered (Bari was a strange stop)but Costa's inefficiency and poor service made the already short times in port even shorter. Communications from the ship seemed lacking and service was mediocre compared to similar cruises I have taken in the past at similar price points on different carriers.

Pros: Ephesus\, Istanbul\, Olympia\, the all-you can drink package

Cons: Costa's concept of service

Recommends Costa Favolosa? No.

The layout of the ship isn't very good. Certain spaces always seemed crowded with multiple things going on while other locations were always empty and not staffed.
I was really excited about a week of real Italian food\, but the food\, the convenience of dining times\, the layout of the dining room was all lackluster. Compared to other cruise lines\, I was surprised at how limited dining options were.
My waiter and stateroom attendant were both friendly\, but they were exceptions to the majority of the staff I interacted with. I was surprised at how slow service was at the bars which seemed completely understaffed. They have an all inclusive drink package that took a day to be worked out on my bill and took several days to understand what was and wasn't included as it shifted from bar to bar apparently.
Mixed review here. I found a couple of musical acts that I liked and listened to them every night but the variety of options was limited. The activities were fine\, but there were so few of them and in such crowded places\, it wasn't interesting to participate.