Costa Concordia (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Learn Abour Italian Culture

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

My family and I have recently taken a cruise for 7-nights to the Med. My family had enjoyed it but because we were American on an Italian cruise it was difficult for my children to meet young teens. The entertainment shows sometimes had english translations, but were mainly in Italian. The cruise was amazing, the itinerary was wonderful although you had practically no time in Barcelona. There were also alot of people over 3,000 people onboard which made getting buffet breakfast and lunch time consuming. The ship was small compared to the amount of people on board. But the stateroom was clean and very open and confortable, but we did find that the ac sometimes provided no help to hot nights. The gym, which we used often was packed but a very impressive gym, and again it was hot, and ac provided little help to the heat. I would recommed the cruise if you would like to learn more about different cultures. But as an American and a English speaking guest onboard, and my 10th cruise. I was not pleased with it as much as much I was with for example Celebrity Cruises.

Pros: The food, and the itinerary

Cons: The lack of entertainment

Recommends Costa Concordia (RETIRED)? Yes!

Large Ship But Too Many People! Clean and beautiful layout and colors, very colorful. The ship was not smoke free which was a dissappointment. And the disco was amazing!
LOVED MY BUSBOY! but the waiter took to long to get the food when we were usually early, the other table ame later that he served and left early, and the waiter did forget about some of our meals.
My child who is 15,felt very left out because all of the teens around her were speaking italian and she felt uncomfortable so the cruise did not work to her advantage. And there were only two-three american families, but with younger children.
Very very very good food
Very entertaining, and so funny