Coral Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Great Vacation !

Sail Date: September 01, 2009

The ship & staff were impressive. They do an amazing job catering to the needs of 1970 passengers. I'm not really a "cruise junky" rather I went to see the amazing sites of Alaska. Consequently, the emphasis on overeating & trying to sell you jewelry at each port of call was not welcome. In particular I objected to the 2 formal nights and was prohibited from their lobster dinner since I did not bring formal wear. Prior to the cruise we were traveling in BC and went inland after the cruise so I had alot of gear to pack...no room for the tux. This is an antiquated event that s/b done away with. I think they do it so they can sell you even more pix taken by their crew.

Pros: great service, very well organized, clean

Cons: nickel & diming, focus on shopping only at ports, formal nights (out dated)

Recommends Coral Princess? Yes!

I liked the variety of menu options at each meal
Everyone was extremely friendly & helpful. The dining staff in particular was excellent
There was always something to do (besides stuffing your face). I particularly liked the Iditarod lecture given by Libby Riddles & the 2 Alaska lectures. Trivia, karaoke, and the newlywed game were fun as well.