Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Some good, most not so much

Sail Date: January 17, 2016

Cabin: 8849?

Having cruised with 3 different lines before I opted to check out celebrity silhouette as a gift for my husbands 60th--I was repeatedly told by many that this was a higher level, nicer, etc...I ponied up and got a room on the aft, which was awesome! Balcony room was entirely nice; room steward excellent.

Upon embarking (which was EXCELLENT)and after checking out our room we went on the initial exploring-venture--only to find a sad lack of pools!  2 postage sized pools were literally pushed together in the center of the ship; there's a gorgeous pool INSIDE...huh?  Every day we found it near impossible to find 2 chairs to sit in outside on the deck anywhere near the pool.

Went to a comedy show that night that wasn't just bad, it was SAD.  One night they did do a show with 70's music which was very good, although the performers were a tad over-jazzy....they'd have appeared more professional without that, but they were excellent singers.

This ship caters to a much older crowd, which is fine, but the whole vibe on the ship was sort of....old...and we ARE old!  Lol.

The food was ok; specialty restaurant NOT AT ALL worth it; my husband ordered grilled grouper and out came a filet about the size of a deck of cards with the skin still on one side and about 1/2 inch thick...very normal for the regular dining room, but here?  No.

Drink ticket is the way to go; but getting one is another story!  SLOW.

Disembarking was a nightmare!  It was unfortunately one of the rare days in Fort Lauderdale when it's cold and windy/rainy...we were made to stand in a line outside of the ship but yet outside of the terminal for 40 minutes....I thought I would literally freeze to death and I had a coat!  I know the ship needs to turn around but even if we could've stood in the gangplank it'd been better.

Sorry, but for my money, Royal Caribbean hands-down is the jewel.  I know both lines are owned by the same parent-company, but on RC there are so many more options, the food is fabulous, service bar none, and entertainment UNREAL.

sorry to be Debbie-downer, but just telling it like it is!Sad

Lovely! Spend the extra once or twice for the back of the ship!