Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Great Valentine's Day Cruise

Sail Date: February 14, 2016

I booked this cruise to celebrate Valentine's Day with my sweet wife, and I wasn't disappointed.  We had an excellent 7 days aboard the Silhouette.  We loved the ship, our balcony cabin, and the crew.  The entertainment was excellent.  We were very impressed.  We also enjoyed a "free" beverage package - and drank a bit of Glenfiddich single malt and a very nice port wine, amongst other beverages.  (I got my money's worth on the beverage package -- but overall it was still pretty expensive cruise.)  I am vey happy we tried Celebrity!

We had some moderate to rough seas between Ft. Lauderdale and San Juan, so the Captain apparently slowed the ship down.  We arrived an hour late into San Juan, resulting in our being too late to tour the Fort and only an hour of daylight.  We had a great day in St. Kitts, but the winds were back and caused our boat ride from Phillipsburg to Marigo to be cancelled in St. Maarten.  When 2 out of 3 ports go bad, it is hard to give a top rating.  I wonder how many other times the arrival into San Juan has been delayed on this itinerary???

I know Celebrity consistently receives great ratings for their food, but we felt that overall the food on Princess is better and there is a wider selection in the main dining room.  There were very limited seafood offerings, as well as chicken dishes - but the steaks were great.  My wife ordered salmon from the "always available" menu on two nights, but it didn't flake.  It was overcooked, and not that good.  We do it better at home.  Sorry, Chef!  Still - overall I give this cruise a "Very Good" rating despite these issues mentioned -- and we will certainly travel on Celebrity again if the prices are right!!!  We enjoyed the cruise a lot!!!

Cruise Photos

This was a veranda cabin. In the awards category, you get a multiplier above what we got when you book concierge class or more - so take a look at the price differences. There are excellent benefits in the Celebrity frequent cruiser program - and you can reach higher levels quicker if you earn more points by booking higher categories. We enjoyed this cabin - it was one of the best we've ever had during lots of cruises on other cruise lines.