A Very Relaxing Cruise

Celebrity Mercury Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Sail Date: October 01, 2009
We have been on this ship 3 times, on this same cruise. We love this cruise and are sad that it has been discontinued. We have contacted Celebrity to see if it is possible to get it back. It makes a wonderful weekend getaway. We have gone off the ship but for the last 2 times we have taken it, we don't even bother. Both last year and this year we have ended up with wonderful weather. We stay on board and go sit outside with blankets and books (I look at cruise brochures to plan more trips). We took some dancing lessons, had great food, met new people. I go to the spa daily and get their weekend package to use the thalassotherapy pool which is great although it was a bit cold one day. We enjoyed the lounges and enjoyed the fact that there wasn't so much smoking as there was on other lines, people paid attention as to designated smoking areas. Wonderful cruise which I will take again if it comes back and I still live in the area.

Very nice variety of food, waiters helpful.

Have seen the shows on this boat before so we did not go this time. We enjoyed the entertainment at some of the bars and lounges. Excellent dancing instruction, my husband even practices at home with me! Will always take these again on any ship we go on.

The staff on this ship is wonderful, always willing to help although we did not need anything extra, I did watch as they helped others who needed help. Waiter was very nice at our dinner table. They work very hard.

The room is always excellent on this ship, condition of stateroom is excellent.

Pros: Meeting Old Friends We Had Not Seen for 2 Years

Cons: Length of Wait at the Martini Bar the first night

Recommends Celebrity Mercury? Yes!