Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Third Mate

Relax, enjoy

Sail Date: April 21, 2013

I took this trip with my 92 year old mother. Every step of the way, she was treated like a queen, and she loved every minute of it. Our balcony room was comfortable, and our room steward, Mandella, was a doll. Every evening, as we headed to dinner, he miraculously appears to offer Mom his arm and escort her to the elevator. Thou we had freedom dining, we usually sat at the same table with our new friends. mom's cushion was waiting for her each evening. the wait staff was attentive and courteous. We made friends with other singles and had a lot of laughs over dinner. The food was bland, I must say, probably due to the head chef being a Brit. Portions were humungous: the lamb shank was as big as my shank! We avoided the shows because, as usual, they are too loud. I put cotton in my ears one evening, and that made it about right. But the show quality was poor. The Corning Glassworks on the upper deck was a great amenity.

Cruise Photos

Elgant, clean and beautiful.
Needed some oomph