Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review to U.S.

Cruise From Hell

Sail Date: November 01, 2011

From day one, problems, problems and more problems: lost husband's luggage of our formal clothes and told us to pick it up ourselves from Security many hours later. Overcharged us over $400 in our beverage package. Found charges on our account we did not know about (people ordering things for us without our knowledge or signature). They gave us a refund when we complained that we prepaid our Tuscan Grille meals (all 7 nights) in full while they were giving discounts on board to others of 20-30% on different nights. Our MDR table was located outside of MDR such that one of us was facing a blank wall and if we looked one way, looked at waiter's service station. (IS THIS ANY WAY TO TREAT ELITE PASSENGERS?) My cabin card did not work in photo kiosk which were always down. Photographers did not delete other passengers' photos which were included in our photo package.

Pros: casino paid off

Cons: everything else just about...

Recommends Celebrity Eclipse? No.

While Photographers were personable and professional, they were overwhelmed. We did not get our full order until early am of last day before disembarkation. There were over 200 people in photo dept at 11:30 pm last evening looking for their orders or trying to rectify incorrect orders. I was told I was rude by Guest Relations agent (who was not even helping me!) in front of everyone standing there, for trying to solve a problem with my missing water bottles in locked up cabin refrigerator.
Ship lovely and well kept; clean. Art work superb.
Food in Tuscan Grille inconsistent--sometimes ate same thing twice and extremely different in presentation and taste the second time.Service there was great, however. Had better meals in Murano on Century and Olympic on Millenium.
Small stateroom and not a lot of drawer space. Cabin attendant and his assistant kept their distance and were not smiling nor happy. They locked up my water bottles in the refrig while taking out my diet coke cans.
RipTides and SouthSide performances in main atrium were superb!
Had over 800 kids from American Girl Doll convention, in addition to other kids celebrating Thanksgiving with their relatives on board.