Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Georgous ship, smooth and modern.

Sail Date: April 01, 2011

We loved our time on this ship. It was beautiful, modern, and smooth. It was mostly couples, some families, and a few friends traveling together. Majority of guests were over 60, many even appeared to be over 80. There were some 30/40 something couples (like us), and a handful of teenagers who hung out together.

The "smart casual" dress code was observed most of the time and formal dining was not as formal as I expected (I never even wore my new sequin skirt). You could pretty much wear a skirt and dressy sleeveless top with each meal and he could wear a button-down dress shirt with slacks, adding a tie for formal night. No sport coat was needed. I never wore any of my jewelry, used much makeup or curled my hair.

The lawn was great, just for sitting or even napping. There was a wine and cheese jazz party one night. They have glass blowing up there too. They had great talks about the ships energy features, history lectures, and engineering. I can't believe they make their own water and burn the sewage for energy!

Pros: Staterooms, lawn, bands, bartenders, lax atmosphere

Cons: early exodus, too many kids at pool, closed lawn often, only one brunch buffet

Recommends Celebrity Eclipse? Yes!

By far the most beautiful ship I've ever seen. Our room was awesome, bathroom was big and modern. It was a large ship, but seemed easy to navigate. Music could be heard throughout. Big enough to have lots to do and see, but manageable enough and easy to see new friends around.
Overall, the food was great. We did the Qsine one night, and though it was good, it wasn't worth paying extra. They served filet mignon and prime rib in the main dining room some nights, in addition to caprese salad, french onion soup and creme brulee every night. We wished they had more special brunch/buffets, but only one on the last sea day. Gone are the midnight buffets--which is probably good. The Aqua spa cafe serves the best food before 2:30 by the adult pool--best kept secret. They had made to order salmon and tuna, fruit and salad. Yum!
We loved the stateroom. The veranda was awesome and the view superb. The bathroom was big and beautiful. The modern decor, vessel sink and lots of storage made it special.
Great bartenders at the sunset bar at the back of the ship. They were fun, easy going and always in a good mood. The whole staff was very polite and friendly.
The bands playing all around were awesome. They would play cover songs that you could hear on many levels. The cirque de soleil type show was amazing! bending twisting and flying through the air? wow. The Broadway review one was so-so. there were comedians and magicians, but we missed them.