Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Purser

Celebrity going downhill

Sail Date: May 19, 2016

This was our 5th cruise on Celebrity and it was still nice but not as good as earlier cruises.  The food was good but not really special.  The crew was very good.  Our cabin steward was very good and there was ice waiting for me every afternoon when we got back on the ship. What I was most upset about was all the little extra charges Celebrity was trying to charge for things that used to be included with the cruise.  Several ports were located a couple of miles from the actual city.  Celebrity charged $12 a person for the shuttle service from the ship to the city.  Last year on our South American cruise this service was free.  There were a lot of people quite upset and I do believe if the ship advertises that it is visiting Dubrovnik, Ravenna and Zadar, they ought to bring you to Dubrovnik, Ravenna and Zadar. What has happened in my opinion is Celebrity is now just like the other cruise lines where they try to wring every last dime out of their passengers.  Where they used to be a little better, now they are just the same.