Declining Quality

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Sail Date: August 01, 2013
Ship: Celebrity Constellation
Nice ship\, and clean. We enjoyed the specialty restaurants and Martini Bar. Their staffs were excellent and really made our stay special. On the other hand\, in the dining room\, the service was slow and hurried with little chance to converse or develop a relationship with the waiter. Everyone seemed hurried and I believe there were not enough people waiting on tables in the dining room. The room steward was frantically trying to get his work done and had no time to do special things in the stateroom. They were out of robes and we didn't get any until 3 days into the cruise. Our room service was delivered cold twice and we didn't use it again. Waiters in the cafeteria didn't step aside for the patrons and insisted on their right of way. I asked one to get me a cup of tea and he said \"I can't do that\" and walked away. Another waiter heard him\, a gem\, by the name of Hardee\, and walked over and said \"I'll get it for you\". Why didn't the other waiter just say he would find someone who could? Poor\, poor customer service!

Loved the music and the Celebrity singers and dancers. Jane Curry was amazing and the comedian on our last night (Tom Klet??) was fantastic as well!

Cleanliness was average but we were missing robes\, which we were told they were out of\, and we received 3 days into the cruise. No note pad and pen in our room and the previous occupants had left items in the drawers and closet and were still there. I would rather get into my stateroom later in the day than to arrive to a less than ready place. we booked concierge class and I'm still not sure what was more special about it!

Pros: food and shows

Cons: the service

Recommends Celebrity Constellation? No.