Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to World Cruise

Good cruise

Sail Date: June 01, 2012

Overall, had a fun time. I had very high expectations for my first Celebrity Cruise vacation, but the cruise did not live up to expectation. The online service was painfully slow and the charges too high. I felt as though I was purposely being taken advantage of for the sake of the company's earnings. Staff in Online Celebrity was poor with one staff member being downright rude and arrogant. The Customer Relations desk staff couldn't have been nicer, while the Shore Excursions staff needs an attitude adjustment. The food was adequate with a lovely wait staff. The reservations person for Select Dining was wonderful. My cabin was an adequate size, but needs some work. The bathroom smelled a bit moldy - perhaps the shower curtain. There were times I felt pressured into spending money for the sake of the company's earnings. Too much push for booking specialty restaurants, to order drinks, etc. As a single, I am not pleased that I was charged full price for a room. I can understand your charging a fee, but not the full price for two. I didn't eat for two, didn't give the staff double the work, didn't take up two seats in the dining rooms, etc.

Pros: The ease of travel.

Cons: Online experience, would like more time in ports and less at sea - poor routing.

Recommends Celebrity Constellation? No.

The cabin could use some work, looking a little shabby. Bathroom smelled musty, which might have emanated from the shower curtain. The cabin was a comfortable size, mattress a little too hard but the staff did what they could to make the mattress more comfortable.
Some of the entertainers were better than others, as can be said about the quality of the shows. Times for the lectures on shore excursions and cities seemed to be held at awkward times. They were often held during dinner hours or very early in the morning.
The customer relations staff was excellent and did all they could to placate my frustration with online services. They were always helpful. The woman at select dining reservations and seating was very pleasant and seemed to know everyone's names and cabin numbers before even checking her computer. Very professional.