Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

An exceptionally wonderful cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2007

I was a first time, senior 'cruiser', and after my experience I am sold on this type of a vacation.

I did my research on the internet and found that offered the best deal. Their travel agent, Karen, was especially helpful to a first timer.

The ship was beyond my expectations. Our inside cabin was quite adequate in space. We could have used a lit up clock, as we didn't know whether it was day or night in the dark. I was impressed with the high calibre of entertainment offered, and goods in shops at very reasonable prices. The fitness centre contained state of the art equipment of which I availed myself...as well as the jogging track. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven after my spa treatment and massage.

One could never forget the plethora of not only delicious but also healthy food in every outlet on the ship. I felt like a small child let loose in a candy store.

All services were professional and friendly. The overall appearance of the ship as well as our cabin was always clean. Our waiter, Val, in the dining room made each one of us feel special and always remained pleasant despite unwarranted complaints. The photographers were of great assistance with my struggles in using a digital camera for the first time.

Embarkations and disembarkations were well handled and went smoothly.

Shore excursions packed alot of sightseeing into short periods of time. I will have to peruse my pictures now to see where I had been.

Thank you for making my 70th birthday special!

Pros: Being pampered

Cons: It was over too soon

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!