Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Would not cruise Canival again

Sail Date: December 11, 2011

Was not told of the smoking policy until we boarded. We paid to upgrade to a to a balcony cabin, but couldnt use it due to the heavy smokers on the balconys. Couldnt sit by the pool and movie area for the same reason. Couldnt eat outside because that area was in the rear of the deck which is where the smoking area is. When we took showers, the fire alarm would go off when the bath door was opened which had one of the fire people come to the cabin and insist on coming in while we were trying to get dressed. I went to the service desk to try and change rooms every time and was told I couldnt but someone would look into it. That was all I got from the service desk. They changed the fire alarm but it didnt stop it from going off when we opened the bath door. The buffet line opened at 6:30 and had all the heavy breakfast food, all I wanted was cereal and fruit which was on a separate small buffet that was set up but closed every morning until after we had to get off for our tours. When I asked if I could take something from the cereal buffet that was set up I was turned away.

Pros: Food in main dinning was good, ports of call were good

Cons: smoking on the ship, alarm going off in our room every shower, buffet

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

Alarm going off and couldn't use the balcony.
main dinning room was good.
Everyone except the service desk was good and I think they couldn't do anything because of Carnival policy