Embarkment put a damper on cruise

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

Sail Date: June 01, 2008
Ship: Carnival Victory
The ship was very nice. We found it hard to know what floor(deck) we were on. Finally figured out the numbers on the carpet in front of the elevator doors told you the deck level. Although the numbers were too fancy to figure out..I would have never figured that out on my own.
Wanted to play shuffleboard but could never find the equipment to play with. Nobody seemed to know where it was.

Steak was tough, chicken was not done. Food was just average.
I found it strange to serve ribs on Elegant Night, though the ribs were good!

We saw the show Vrooooommm..not a good show for older people.
It was loud...very loud and the show was horrible. I guess it was ok if you like heavy metal music. The Flashing lights were awful. Worst show I've ever seen on a cruise ship.

Rooms were larger than I expected! The bowl of goodies( razors, soaps, etc) were a nice bonus. No towel animal on the first night but did have a GOOSE in our room on the second night!

Pros: The staff was most pleasant and was very helpful.

Cons: Waiting in 4 lines to embark, which took a total of 3 hours. Had to carry luggage up steps. elevator wait was even longer. We had two 80 year old parents with us. They were EXHAUSTED before the cruise started.

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!