Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

IF THIS IS ALL WE CAN AFFORD......

Sail Date: June 20, 2009

As mentioned, this ship feels overcrowded, lots of families with young children(3300 on my trip on 06/20/09) - it takes more passengers than it should, considering its size. The crew seems overworked and depressed; only one smiled while offering his services.
Food quality and selection are not great at the Lido Buffet so you better take the time to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at either London or Paris Dining Rooms. The room service menu is limited to mostly sandwiches; I can't order a steak dinner or whatever is being served at the dining rooms. The ship is clean but they offer no amenities in the state rooms so bring your own Q-Tips, cotton balls, body lotions, etc. The Spa rates are reasonable but the Esthetician who took care of me is inexperienced; I happen to be one so I know. They always try to push/sell those Elemis products but you can say No. My advice is to go no more than 5 days, at least get a balcony, utilize the formal dining rooms, stay away from the unhealthy pools and hot tubs with 50 people in it, go to the quiet areas (Library or Big Easy Lounge) if you are the type who prefers to enjoy a quiet, relaxing vacation.

Pros: The shows are good.

Cons: Crowded. Food at the Lido Buffet is not as good as Celebrity's or Holland America's or Radisson's.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.