Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Good for a long weekend Getaway

Sail Date: January 19, 2012

There was one highlight to the trip which I would do again, I attended the Chef's Table. The experience and food was without equal. It was one of the best meals I've had in the last 10 yrs. If you have the resources, it is a must do. It was a bit frustrating to know what the chef is capable of but he is restrained by the cruise line as to the daily menus

Pros: Good last minute deals

Cons: too few places to walk ship from end to end. Often had to go up or down a deck or two to cut across the ship

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

The menu was very uninspired. I have never seen a hamburger listed on the menu for the formal dinning room before. Lobster was served one night but it was too small to be a 'real' lobster. I had lunch and breakfast in the Paris Restaurant which is buffet style. The food was marginally better than the formal dinning room and much faster and actually fresher.
the stage show was about what you'd see at Busch Gardens or some other amusement park. It was uninspired singing and dancing. I went to the late night comedy show and walked out after 15 minutes without cracking a smile, he was just plain bad. There was a 2nd comedian later that was funny but too late to stay and watch.
Really disliked the layout of the ship but it was in good condition and clean. I also know they are going into dry dock after the next cruise to spruce up the ship so condition of the interior should be even better.
typical room, nothing to write home about
People were great. I was impressed when the Matre d'ship passed me in the passageway the 3rd day of the trip and addressed mey by name.