Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Do not cruise Carnival

Sail Date: May 25, 2009

The Carnival Cruise that I recently embarked on was not a very pleasant experience. The Ship (Paradise) seemed as if it was in very poor condition and a pipe flooded many state rooms and a main dining room, also causing the main outdoor pool to drain for most of the cruise. Additionally, My room was flooded the first day, which ruined my camera and other personal effects. After 2 complaints on the first and second day, they came to my room on the final night to downgrade my room. I was told I would be reimbursed and found that they ended up giving me a $16 credit. Last but not least, the mold smell in the room got many onboard sick and when we went to the infirmary to get taken care of, they told us the insurance that we purchased wasn't valid.

I will never cruise with carnival again no matter how cheap the price is. Cruises are usually used for vacation and its not worth the stress of the poor management of Carnival while your trying to get away.

Pros: Catalina Island

Cons: Service

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.

Smaller ship, not very clean and it flooded while I was cruising.
The food in the main dining room was fair. The food in the cafeteria was prison grade.
Catalina Island, California
Catalina Island is a beautifal place. I rented a boat and did the semi submersible submarine tour, both were pretty neat. I would also recommend renting a golf cart to see the whole city while your there.
Don't Miss: N/A