Not what we expected

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Exotic Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 28, 2014

We were very disappointed in the food. The only great food was the breakfast buffet. The rest of the day was barely passable except for Guys burgers which were good. We would up missing the first port so spent a total of 4 days at sea. There is not a lot to do during the day on this ship and the days at sea, at least towards the end, seemed to drag. We used the my time dining option but only used it 3 times as the food just was not very good at all and the portions were very small. We ordered the surf and turf one night and the entire piece of lobster meat fit in the little dish they give you with melted butter. It was just silly. The staff was friendly and courteous all the way around except I found the bartenders to be a little distant and not as on top of it as they could have been. The pool areas were sufficient but not outstanding. I enjoyed the 24 hr a day pizza in the aft lido deck but my wife was not crazy about it. Over all I would not recommend this ship to my friends. There are far better choices out there that will leave you feeling like you had a great time, instead of just a relaxing time. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean offered (at least to us) a better experience. We found our outside cabin to be quite nice and well maintained.

This was a mojor disappointment for us.

What was offered was ok, but its just not enough.

Just ok, not great.

Sorry for being negative but my advice is to skip this ship and look elsewhere.