Great First-Time Cruise

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

invalid-33581
Sail Date: January 21, 2012
Ship: Carnival Liberty
This was a first-time cruise experience for me. Overall I really liked the experience and would not hesitate going on another cruise with Carnival on the Liberty ship. The staff was friendly, the food great, and everything was clean. They had a daily guide, given out the night before, of all the ships activities and schedule of the times for everything the next day; which I found very helpful in planning. I went in January and really liked the temperature (the mid-80's) and the other people on-board.

The food was fresh and delicious everywhere I went.

I went to a gemstone activity and was basically ignored by the guy and girl showing the gemstones and giving the talk because I wasn't a woman who looked like the typical jewelry buyer. Also, make it clear when the actual raffles are being held versus when the events are there to provide more raffle tickets.
Besides those two experiences the entertainment and activities were great!

The nightly dining room staff (we had 8:15pm dining) were fantastic. David, Christian, and Nania gave excellent service and I would ask for them again every time I cruise! The reason I gave an excellent and not the best was because one of the ship staff giving the gemstone activity was rude, and one of the men setting up the sushi station was complaining about his job out-loud (not the sushi chefs, they were both great and provided me with as much sushi as I could eat!).

Wonderful job cleaning the room and having fresh towels and neatly made beds constantly throughout the day.

Pros: SCUBA diving excursion. cleanliness, and food.

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!