Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

not sure why it is customer favorite

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

Carnival cruise line is always my first choice, however the liberty would not even come close to my favorite ship. The movie screen on the lido deck would appear to have taken the place of fiesta parties and other lido deck activities that are exciting. Usually the lido deck is a happening place but on this ship it was boring in the evenings. Usually there is a band playing music, lots of people dancing. Only thing going on...a movie that maybe 20 people were watching. the food in the formal dining room was fantastic, but lacked imagination at the informal seemed that the chef liked to cook mainly fish... ......every night. so if you dont like fish and dont want to eat formal...plan on lots of hamburgers and sandwiches. the ship itself is very clean as are all carnival ships. I did not find the entertainment anything that would rate this ship as a favorite and quite frankly one of the shows I went to was the worst of all the carnival shows ive seen. this was my fifth cruise with carnival. The decor in the ship wasnt great either...kind of gaudy really. Overall I feel I can honestly say that this cruise was nice but nothing to brag about. My recommendations?....carnival legend is where its at!!!

Pros: excellent service

Cons: the movie screen on the deck...made it easy to lag in lido deck parties etc.

Recommends Carnival Liberty? No.

formal dining a great expierience....informal very blah
clean ship, decor wasnt too appealing
my guy did a great job...always polite with a hello
the movie screen has taken the place of parties and many activities. the reggae band that is usually very apparent on cruise ships was rarely seen or heard.
have yet to encounter any bad staff quality on the cruise ships...however when the guy at the let it ride table takes my money he could at least smile!!!...