Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Terrific! A great intro to Europe!

Sail Date: June 01, 2006

The ship was lovely and very clean. This was our 5 cruise and it was fabulous.
We really enjoyed the itinerary. What a way to introduce Europe!
We were on the Liberty June 12 sailing and just loved it!
Would highly recommend this ship... however, Carnival's teen program/policy is totally absurd and it was reported to them thoroughy when we returned.
The Carnival food on this sailing was a step above the usual...( their soups are the worst ) ...still not like Holland America, our favorite for food by a long shot. We encountered no long lines...it wasn't that long a wait... in fact, for the amount of people on the ship, we never really felt very crowded. Staff was over the top excellent. One thing we missed was a BBQ afternoon around the pool... maybe Carnival doesn't do this, Norwiegan and Holland do... lovely! Also... the awful smoke in the casino kept me outta there!

Pros: itinerary

Cons: there was nothing we didn't care for

Hey... I am a gourmet cook at home... and when I don't cook... I know it won't be as good... they have improved some, but still not on par with other lines.. I will say however, that everything that was served was either hot or cold as it was to be served, a big step up from where they were on the Miracle!
The show was pretty good... and the added entertainment was good... just your average ship stuff... we had seen both the comedidans on ships before and think it was the same routines.
I would NOT recommend their Pre-teen program to anyone. We took our 14 year old because they advertised a 12-14 group... he was not permitted into the upper group and was put in the nursery to play video games... COME ON are you kidding??? An idiot youth staff person tried to tell me what she was gonna do... I hope they fired her for being so stupid...It is not his fault there were not enough in his group.., as time passed the tweens got in with the older kids anyway, but my kid is not a rule breaker....()**&**#*$@$#&@* Big signs on the door, no one under 15 allowed.... Oh please!
It was as expected... very clean and kept that way.
Best staff we have encountered since the last Holland... Norwiegans Spirit was
a rather surly crowd, not too interested in service, by contrast... these folks were terrific!