Could have been better

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 08, 2012
The ship has many activities for kids of all ages. Our ship experienced an engine problem. They claimed it didn't affect our safety, but they changed our port from Ocho's Rios to Cozumel. We had deliberately avoided Mexico when booking, so this was a disappointment. In addition, I found a hair in my food 4 times. Apparently hair nets are optional for the crew. On our last night, I arrived at the computer room 20 minutes before they closed to confirm my air tickets, etc. The staff tossed me out saying I didn't have enough time and then scolded me for not reading the hours on the daily schedule. Oh yeah....it was there, in the smallest print possible. Even so, 20 minutes was more than enough time. Yet he yelled at me to get out. I complained and was told there was no one to complain to on the ship. I could call the general 800 # for Carnival. Well, you know that won't help. I will not be traveling on another Carnival cruise ship.

If hair wasn't included\, it would have been great!

Lots of options. Performers were great. The quality of the onboard entertainment was great.

For the most part\, everyone was great\, friendly and helpful. All but that idiot in the business center.

Ugly decor. Nice ship\, if the engine would have been running properly.

Stateroom was very nice\, very roomy\, and comfortable. No complaints there! Staff was wonderful in seeing to it we had everything we needed.

Pros: lots of activities for the kids plus several adult only areas to relax away from the noise

Cons: There was always a ton of confusion and disorganizaion every time we were to leave the ship. No signs to help. I found a hair in my food...not once but 4 times over the length of the cruise. Yuck! On the last night\, everything was running behind and we missed out on several things.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.