Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Not for expanding culture

Sail Date: November 13, 2011

While I enjoyed the great stateroom, the service, food and entertainers, I was disappointed in the shallow programs. Contests for the hairiest chest, frankly, are just not my style! I'd recommend Carnival for the drinking crowd but not for people who want to learn more about the places they are going. What a great chance to learn about pirates and the Caribean culture!
The excursions were also pretty superficial and ended up with more t-shirt shops.
Nevertheless, I applaud the hard-working crew and their excellent service. I'm grateful for the experience. Next time, I'll make a choice better suited to my interests.

Pros: Food and quality entertainers

Cons: no ship programs of merit; no depth

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.

An awful lot of time spent in pushing drinks