Okay, but Quality is Lacking, but I Still Like Carnival.

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 05, 2016
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
Cabin Number: M130

I Cruise on a regular basis, so I have a number of cruise lines to compare against. Carnival used to be my favorite cruise line and they still do a fair job. This was a short cheap get away with my 40 year old daughter, who never cruised before. She thought the Cruise was wonderful and can't wait to book her own Cruise vacation.

The stateroom was typical, but no pillow chocolate/mint when the bed was turned down. Cabin Stewards were pleasant but I normally get to know them well, laugh and joke with them as we pass each other. Not this trip.

Formal Dinning is something I look forward to every evening. Getting to know your Wine Steward and Waiter is always nice.  I sat at my assigned table only once. I had to request my corked bottle of wine every night. My assigned waiter was very nice, but I only got to see him on Day 1. I was also disappointed by the dress code exceptions during formal dinning. People should to turned away if they have on shorts and swimwear. Proper dress is a part of the formal dinning experience and guest should respect the dress code and their fellow passenger. Also, what happened to my Lobster Dinner. I've never be on a Cruise ship without at less one Lobster or Prime Rib Dinner. Things change I guess.

I'm a Smoker and smoking is limited to one area, which is fine with me. I certainly want to annoy as few people as possible with my cigarette smoke. My problem was not with the Cigar or cigarette smokers, but rather the open use of Marijuana in the smoking area. I'm by far not a prude, but the last thing I want to smell is marijuana, especially when there are small children swimming in the pool not too far away. Staff just turned a blind eye to the Marijuana smokers and ignored the use. At least direct them to the rear of the ship where no passengers travel and the children would not be exposed to the smell.

I still love Carnival and the food was excellent even without the Lobster. Carnival Excursions are always a great way to see the port and experience something new and they are generally reasonably priced. Also, the quality of the amenities on a Carnival Ship are always much better then their Competitor, NCL, which I will not sail anymore. While this was not the most pleasant trip for me, I realize this was a cheap, short cruise that really catered to young people with families, not older travelers like myself.

Okay, miss the Pillow Chocolates/Mint at night. Stewards not very personable.

Formal Dinning not as formal as most.

The Horseback excursion is great!!! Buy it and love it.