The perfect cruise, sad it’s over

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Elation

5 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 08, 2019

Ship: Carnival Elation

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: R158

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Best cruise I’ve been on so far, already planning my next. I was worried the smaller ship would be more rocky but I had no trouble at all. The hospitality from the whole crew was absolutely amazing. I’m sad to be back home.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

People always complain about the food but I don’t understand why. It isn’t a 5 star restaurant! Surprising amount of vegetarian options! Drinks were always on point but wish I could get a double shot on the drink package.

Pool Bar

Always clean and enjoyable.

Pool and slides every day!

Water Works

I WISH I WAS GOING DOWN A SLIDE RIGHT NOW!

Pool

Amazing. All around. I felt cared for. Elton our bartender was a sweaty. Always on his A game. And Mikelian the Lifeguard was our favorite. He seemed to actually care that the kids had fun but were still being safe AND made sure all the adults weren’t annoyed by kid shenanigans (splashing, rough water play, canon balls, etc). I would go back just for the whole Lido Deck crew and experience alone. ALSO LOVED THE SLIDES!

We loved our Bartender Elton from Albania! And the Lifeguard Mikelian from Albania as well!! We saw Mikelian be the most active in his duties, making sure kids were safe, helping them find their parents if they got separated and always being their for the kids if they fell or hurt themselves. It was very sweet. You can tell he really cares about the kids and the adults enjoying the pool at the same time.

It was perfect. We always came back to a clean and crisp room after a day at the pool. So nice. Wish I had that kind of service at home.

Ship tip

GO DOWN THE SLIDES! Even if you’re an adult, live and have some fun!

Ports of call

Jacksonville, Florida

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

Wish the weather was better :/ shuttle boat home was a little nerve racking.

Disembarkation