Overall worth it!

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Elation

5 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 08, 2018

Ship: Carnival Elation

Cabin type: Oceanview

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I will definitely cruise again, most likely with Carnival due to their excellent costumer service and spacious standard rooms. I will definitely not cruise again in a ship that allows smoking in so many public areas though. I have a history of cancer and radiation to my lungs, so the smoke was a major issue.

Embarkation

I purchased faster to the fun. I HIGHLY recommend it! I skipped in front of Hundreds of people and went straight to my stateroom.

Ship experiences

All of the extra restaurants ( with exception of the sushi bar) were on the Lido deck . Lunch time was often a nightmare! Thousands of people trying to cram into one area at once. . . Pretty overwhelming! And there were no other restaurants to go to, to avoid it for lunch.

Imagination Dining Room

Beautiful, spacious, and the dining staff were incredible.

Tiffany's Lido Restaurant

Overcrowded due to all of the restaurants ( aside from main dining ) being next to the Lido restaurant.

Sushi Bar

Great price for very generous portions.

Pizzeria

Their Pizza is SO yummy!

The pool was TINY and constantly taken over by children. I never got the chance to swim on the boat. Days at sea were kind if boring, but I learned to take naps! There was really no activities aside from the pool, casino, and mini golf. The pool was ALWAYS full day and night . Also, the most upsetting part of the trip was that smoking was allowed indoors, on deck 9 which includes the casino, cafe bar, comedy club, and sushi bar. The entire floor was smokey and it was a struggle to enjoy the casino. Just walking to the comedy club caused me to reak of smoke for the rest of the day. I was very dissatisfied with Carnival for allowing this.

Guest Services / Shore Excursions

My experiences at guest services were 50/50. Some wonderful, other times I felt spoken down to in a rude manner.

Elation Atrium

Gorgeous!!!

Casablanca Casino

I am completely shocked that smoking was allowed in the entire casino. This really ruined it for me.

Wonderful! Very well coordinated and entertaining.

Mark Twain Library

Nice and quiet! Beautiful design and there were books/ games whenever we needed to hide from other passengers.

The ship was BEAUTIFUL!

There was FAR more space than i expected! Two huge armoires, a lit vanity and chair, and even a retractable clothes line to dry swimsuits in the shower!

Ship tip

It's one of their smallest ships , BUT the tradeoff is less people. There was usually a quiet space in one corner or another .

Ports of call

Jacksonville, Florida

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

Disembarkation